Monday, May 3, 2010

Put down the brush and pick up a guitar



I am happy to announce that our renovations to the studio are all but complete, and we are very lucky to have Lael Neale coming in on Wednesday for a live video stream. It will be our first production after the renovation, and to be honest, I’ve had enough painting for a few months.

A few words on Ms. Neale: I went to her show this past weekend at Velo Rogue. I had only heard myspace recordings of her up to that point, and I’m always interested to see how a quiet performer’s songs translate in a live setting. I’ve been to more than a few shows when the customers treat the performer as background music. The cafĂ© was full and busy with sound. Conversations and steamers bounced off the walls, and then all went silent when Neale started her set. What’s more, it stayed that way until she concluded. Much of her set consisted of songs she’s been recording over the past week, and much of her set on Wednesday will be this new material as well.

Be sure to tune to bamm.tv in on Wednesday at 3 PM. Lael will be accompanied by Trevor Garrod of Tea Leaf Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment