Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cross one off the bucket list



Most of us here at BAMM are musicians with an awesome day job, and I’m just another one of those musicians who can’t walk away from a good instrument. This past weekend I pulled the trigger on a 1975 Rhodes Mark 1. I have wanted one of these babies for quite some time, and I finally mustered up the nerve after a nice refund from Uncle Sam. Thanks, Barry Dunham.

I don’t have enough zeros in my bank account to collect old cars. Even if I did, I’d rather have this beast than a cheesey mid-seventies Corvette, complete with vanity plates. Now for the name. I was thinking Rhonda Rhodes, or just Fat Andy because it’s so freaking heavy (I learned the hard way that transporting one of these beasts in not a one-man job). Then again, you can never go wrong with LaFawnduh (Napoleon Dynamite spelling, of course).

Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment